2019 Charity Bike Ride - The Kingdom of Wonder
The ride begins from Sihanoukville province in the south, Cambodia’s most famous beach town, with its palm-fringed beaches and fresh seafood restaurants.
As a group, we will pedal our way through a mix of stunning coastline scenery, local fishing villages and rural farms and up to the capital city of Phnom Penh. This will mark the mid-way point, and a well deserved rest day.
Following this we will follow the Mekong river and make our way North. We will ride along charming rural roads and pass through cottage industry local villages, completely untouched by tourism, and see the way most Cambodians live.
Our 9 day challenge will conclude in Siem Reap, gateway to the world-famous Angkor temple complex and UNESCO world heritage site. The ride ends once we pedal through the gates of Feeding Dreams Cambodia, where all of our students, who you have worked so hard to support, will be waiting ready to celebrate all that you have achieved.
We will have one big final night of celebration, all riders who wish to stay longer and volunteer at our school we welcome with open arms.
Your fundraising commitment to Feeding Dreams:
By participating in this annual ride, you will be agreeing to raise USD$5,000 ($6,500AUD or £3,600GBP) for our charity.
Every dollar raised is put towards improving the lives of the 1,000 impoverished children & youth enrolled in our programs.
**You are also required to cover the costs of your tour, own flights and travel insurance.
Don’t worry – the fundraising target is achievable, and we are here to support you along the way!
Cost to Ride:
$2,350 USD (20% Payable upon registration)
Date of Ride:
27th of January - 6th of February 2019
● 10 nights accommodation
● Final night accommodation & an all inclusive celebratory dinner to be held at luxury 5 star hotel in Siem Reap
● All meals from dinner on the 27/01/19 to breakfast on the 06/02/19 (Excluding lunch and dinner on the rest day in Phnom Penh)
● Free volunteer experience at Feeding Dreams for yourself and a loved one
● 1 x customised riding jersey (additional jerseys available for purchase)
● 1 x customised buff
● 1 x Feeding Dreams T-Shirt (additional T-shirts available for purchase)
● Individual fundraising page
● 3 month training program
● Australian and UK based contacts for support prior to the ride
● English-speaking Cambodian Tour Leader
● Mechanics to maintain bikes daily
● Mountain bikes
● GPS tracks for riders to load onto their devices
● Snacks, fruits and water while cycling
● Air-conditioned support vehicle
● Riders information e-newsletters prior to the ride